Our little boy turned 1 on Monday and at the weekend he had his first birthday party...our house now looks like a toys r us store!! He was so so spoilt and received so many lovely gifts from our friends and family so I thought I would post about what I think are the top 10 gifts you could get for a first birthday! These are in no particular order and prices may vary depending on where you buy.
1. Pop up Tent and Tunnel set.Every child seems to love a tent. I don't know what it is but they just love them! Oliver's one was brought for him from his Nanny and Granddad and it is a little different to the one I have linked as it comes with a 2 pop up Tents and a tunnel (as you can see in the background of the picture).
It's is (of course) Micky Mouse as my little pickle is Mickey Mouse crazy and he loves this tent! He has one that stays permanently ''popped up'' in the corner of his bedroom and then we have the other tent and the tunnel downstairs that we pop up whenever he wants to play with it. This one here is one of the tents Ollie has and its from Smyths http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/outdoor/c-646/play-houses-tents/p-9684/disney-mickey-mouse-clubhouse-4-panel-tent-printed-2-sides/
2. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Car.I don't know about you but my childhood was filled with memories of my dad running me up and down the street in one of these and me, having to keep my feet held up to stop them from getting trapped underneath where we were going so fast. Today's Cozy Coupe has had some modifications (maybe from the many children with fast car, feet caught related accidents) and now has a little tray that you can attach to the foot space part of the car for when the child is smaller and it is great! Oliver loves this car and Hubby has already been given the job as official car pusher every time we are outside and Oliver sees his car :) I have found one from Tescos here: http://www.tesco.com/direct/little-tikes-cozy-coupe-classic-ride-on-car/205-2931.prd
3. The Gruffalo Book set.Oliver loves books! He loves nothing more than sitting down with his cardboard books and looking through them. It keeps him entertained for ages and that was why I was so happy when I saw what a very lovely friend had brought for him. This book set comes with the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's child in a beautiful presentation box. Not only is the story such a classic, they have the added bonus of not having any paper in them that Oliver can rip meaning he can happily sit and look through them on his own or can help us turn the pages when we are reading to him. This is a version of what he has here: http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/qs_product_tbp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=100&productId=519172&cm_mmc=Google%20Adwords-_-PLA-_-The+Gruffalo+Anniversary+Edition+Set+-+2+Books+with+CD-_--GANN&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvdSvBRDahavi3KPGrvUBEiQATZ9v0MM6AJcZVzs4DonZYrvaNcxXb6dDotmz7trIi3k5j7YaAuXy8P8HAQ
4. Smart Trike
We brought this for Oliver and actually gave it to him just over a month ago and we wanted him to get some use out of it during the good weather and he loves it! There has been a lot floating around social media promoting Smart trikes recently and I can see why. They are so easy to use, kids love them, they are amazing value for money as they with the child and they brilliantly designed and built.
The one we actually got him that you can see him enjoying in the pictures was from Argos but it doesn't look like they sell it anymore so I have linked one that is very similar from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SmarTrike-Dream-Touch-Steering-Black/dp/B00BIZKX44/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1442172794&sr=1-4&keywords=smart+trike
5. Shape sorters.Oliver was brought one of these by a family member and its something so simple but he really enjoys it. It is exactly what it say on the tin, a shape sorter. The one that Oliver was brought is a farm themed one but there are obviously hundreds available. This is like the one that Bubs has: http://www.elc.co.uk/Wooden-Shape-Sorter/141241,default,pd.html
6. Kiddieland Farmer and Tractor.Oliver loves this but is also a little scared of it at the same time! It is quite funny to what to be honest! This tractor sings and makes noises and even moves along on its own and that's the bit that he's a little unsure of. He loves playing with the animals which come out of the trailer and clapping along to the farmer singing Old Mac Donald but when it starts to drive along he comes toddling over to me and has to sit with me until its finished..haha! Its a great little toy and a brilliant price. I found this one at B&M's: http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/kiddieland-farm-tractor-with-trailer-215444
7. Next Clothes.I really love the clothing range for children and babies in Next but I do think it's a little over priced for every day shopping especially when kiddies grow so fast and end up so mucky. In saying that, I love it when he is brought next clothes as they always seem like a treat :) Bubs got some lovely dungarees and some super soft baby grows from my Nan and Mum. If you haven't already (although you probably have) pop over to the next website and check out their kiddie stuff...its lush!!
8. Little Tikes Melody Maker Musical Gift set.Everyone that knows our son know that he loves anything that makes a noise. He already has countless maracas and bells and ever since he was about 2 months old my Mum has been threatening to get him a drum. Well...she went through with this threat and Bubba loves his new drum and instruments! This is such a fab little set and at Oliver's party all the Bubba's were getting stuck in playing with the instruments. This is the set that Oliver has:http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/pre-school-electronic-learning/c-468/other-preschool/p-7266/little-tikes-melody-maker-musical-gift-set/
9. LittleLife Mickey Mouse Backpack with Reins.To be fair, this is more for me and Hubby but as it is Mickey Mouse, Bubba loves it! I know reins are a bit of a controversial thing but Bubba is becoming more and more confident with his walking and I know that it is only a matter of weeks until he is running around all over the place and I would rather know that he is safe by putting a back pack like this on him than risk him running out into the road. I love that these reins have the backpack on them as it means that as Oliver gets older he will be able to put all his little bits and bobs in it and give him a little bit of independence. This is the one that we got him: https://www.littlelife.co.uk/product/toddler-daysacks/mickey-disney-daysack
10. Little Tikes Rocking Horse.This was something that we suggested Hubby's Dad get for Bubs as he has one at his Nanny's house and he really enjoys playing on it. Also, as we have just finished our garden so it is great to have some garden toys for Oliver's new play area. This is the horse here: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9247053.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091973005|tsid:59156|cid:189942085|lid:96720115285|nw:g|crid:77627773405|rnd:14102335841082849923|dvc:c|adp:1o1|bku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvdSvBRDahavi3KPGrvUBEiQATZ9v0Lg59X89bsvzX2EKowe71I3UZix1Zx7S521zZ_Nj1pYaAhxg8P8HAQ
So that is my top 10 gifts for a first birthday. Bubs received so many gifts and this list could honestly go on and on but I just wanted to shorten it down to 10 that you could get for boys or girls. Is there anything that you would add to this list or anything you brought for your little ones first birthday?